Welcome under the Sun Screen at Azkuna Zentroa
Meeting in the Open Codes exhibition
smARTplaces app workshop with Menschortweb
U R ART fireside chat
Reception at Bilbao City Council
Visit from Mr. Wolgang Dold
smARTplaces takes Bilbao
04.12.2019 by Hester Gersonius
Keywords: Azkuna Zentroa, Bilbao, recap, Steering Group Meeting
Twice a year, in June and November, the smARTplaces team meets from all over Europe for the Steering Group Meeting. Hosted by Azkuna Zentroa (Bilboa, Spain) from the 4th until the 8th of November 2019, the 8th and final Steering Group Meeting was one of many highlights.
In no particular order:
- The meeting room was a very special one: in the middle of the Open Codes exhibition, which was previously on display at smARTplaces partner ZKM. Watch the live tour through the exhibition with curator Jaime de los Ríos on Facebook.
- For the second time, Abhay Adhikari (Digital Identities) hosted a Knowledge Exchange Forum, open to the public.
- smARTplaces partners worked on new functionalities for the smARTplaces app.
- Sra. Polaroiska, an Azkuna Zentroa associated artists, introduced us to the powerful Council of Wise Women initiative
- The team was treated to the contemporary dance performance ‘Not a moment too soon‘ by Ferran Carvajal and Trevor Carlson at Azkuna Zentroa, and pinxtos and cava after.
- smARTplaces partners got candid during the U R ART fireside chat (look out for the video registration in the next newsletter).
- On Thursday we were welcomed in the impressive Bilbao City Council building, with hot chocolate and local delicacies.
- A trip to Bilbao is of course not complete without a visit (with private tour) to the Guggenheim.
- Last but not least we were honored with a visit from Mr. Wolgang Dold, German Ambassador in Spain.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this unforgettable visit to Azkuna Zentroa and Bilbao. I’m sure we’ll be back!