Sneak peek: ten reasons to attend CONECTA
25.01.2019 by Isabel Zarranz
Keywords: audience development, conference, Etopia Center for Art and Technology, mediation
On the 14th and 15th of March, smARTplaces partner Etopia Center for Art and Technology (Zaragoza, Spain) opens its doors for the second smARTplaces conference: CONECTA Conference on Audience and Mediation. While we are crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s, here’s a sneak peek of what to expect.
- Participate in a workshop in which we will learn effective ways to measure and narrate a cultural project to push forward the engagement with the publics
- Learn how European museums and cultural institutions use digital tools to interact with their audiences on site, designing interactive devices and features, and beyond their walls, using social media tools and developing their own apps
- Attend a dialog session between two institutions with an important background in the design of spaces for creativity and art for and with young audiences
- Discover how cultural center is rethinking its public strategy by creating an ‘audience laboratory’
- Get closer to the concept of ‘cognitive accessibility’ and apply some of its tools to your own space
- Approach new forms of cultural mediation and get to know first-hand some recent Spanish mediation experiences, from the point of view of artists, educators and mediation professionals
- An important European cultural institution will share its own learnings along its path for a broad inclusion of audiences, from access to open source practices
- Reflect on what ‘inclusion’ means today, while we go in depth into the work of three projects that work with diversity and art as a means and as a goal
- Explore in a practical way how co-creation allows organizations to build relationships with local communities and people, with new visitors, with young people or with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Last but not least, participate in Urban Safaris to explore some of the cultural centers that are referents in the city of Zaragoza
For more information, visit our conference page!