21 September 2019
7 cultural spaces, 5 countries, 1 event
U R ART is the biggest smARTplaces event to date, offering visitors the chance to participate in a wide range of activities. While diverse in design, all events invite you to explore your European identity. By pursuing open questions and inquiry, rather than providing answers, U R ART aims to spark an informed and well-grounded conversation about issues of European identity but also individual perspectives by people in Europe.
Future images of Europe
By creating a joint narrative that integrates different perspectives and contributions in a constructive way we create solid ground for the exploration of new and desirable future images of Europe. We hope you will join us – on site and online.
- Azkuna Zentroa presents Identidata, a participatory installation produced together with Azkuna Zentroa – Alhóndiga Bilbao. Identidata raises a reflection on the role that different factors play in the construction of identities in a scenario of continuous globalization.
- The interactive festival U R ART at the Dortmunder U, from 4:00 p.m. to midnight as part of the DEW21 Museum Night, offers the opportunity to take a new look at the U and experience the house in a new way.
- Etopia Center for Art & Technology celebrates U R ART with Etopia Urban Fest. An evening dedicated to the urban culture and young makers. Trap and Rap performances, open air mural painting and digital art await to be presented by young creators from Etopia’s laboratories and projects.
- Liechtenstein National Museum collected contributions from guests coming from Austria, Liechtenstein, the Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Israel, Switzerland, Hungary, France, the USA and other countries, inspired by the exhibition 1719 – 300 Years of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- At Musée de Picardie, the artists Cléa Coudsi and Eric Herbin were invited to create a work in which the museum actually closed for renovation, its collections and the theme of Europe are in dialogue. The resulting work is a journey starting inside the closed museum, a path composed of wandering, exchanges, crossings, a journey through space and time.
- The Van Abbemuseum offers a day full of new ways to discover the museum: everyone is welcome. Take the opportunity to practice yoga in the museum or enter into a gender bender in the Family Drag Up! Join the various workshops (including a meme workshop), a multi-sensory tour or the renewed theatrical tour. Additionally, the museum choir will perform a special piece and Wall Street will host a European-themed Art Market.
- Democracy thrives on exchanging different viewpoints and on finding a joint solution with Adam J. Scarborough’s »The Democracy Machine!« at ZKM Karlsruhe. Use the Twitter-Hashtag #democracymachine to add your own questions.